Hannah’s House Job Opportunities
House Manager, posted November 14, 2019
Main Purpose of Job: To serve as a mentor to the women who stay at Hannah’s House and oversee day-to-day activities of Hannah’s House. Duties Include:
Manage the House
- Oversee day-to-day activities and supervise mothers of Hannah’s House.
- Enforce house guidelines and discipline in a loving manner.
- Hold residents accountable to weekly goals.
- Encourage a constructive attitude toward school and work.
- Maintain a comfortable and clean house.
- Ensure that each woman keeps her appointments for medical care, DHS, WIC, counseling, caseworkers, and any other responsibilities.
- Monitor leisure time activities.
- Teach women good habits for personal and infant hygiene.
Re-enforce the Philosophy, Policies, and Procedures of the Home
- Foster a supportive and loving Christian environment.
- Exemplify Christian character.
- Provide spiritual leadership to the mothers of Hannah’s House.
- Lead daily devotions.
- High school diploma.
- Pro-life, Christian.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Compassion for vulnerable, pregnant women and small babies.
- Able to cook one meal per week and attend to light housekeeping.
- Part-Time: 32 hours per week (48 hours – 16 hours for sleep time)
- 2.5 hour per month paid for mandatory staff meetings
- Starting Salary: $9.45/hour
- Please send resume to email@example.com
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Updated: Nov 2019 RSN
Hannah’s House Volunteer Opportunities
Hannah’s Attic Assistant
Hannah’s House has a community children’s ministry. We need two people who would enjoy organizing and sorting clothing donations. Quiet, easy paced work. Weekly 2-3 hour commitment. Flexible!
Bible Study Teacher
Provides Biblical lessons of approved curriculum. Thursday evenings from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
Classes: Life-Skills, Budgeting, Parenting
Would you enjoy sharing your expertise? (i.e. cooking, mechanics, doula, job interviewing). Class time will be appropriate to the lesson being presented.
Fundraising and Events
Assist with upcoming events, grant writing and fundraising activities. We have three major fundraisers each year- Bowl for Babies ( Feb or March), Hike for Hannah’s House 5K (May), and the International Dessert Night and Silent Auction (October). Assist with large mailings.
General House Assistants
Occasional deep cleaning. Lawn care. Painting. General house maintenance.
Assist with driving residents. (appointments, church services). Would receive a 24- hour notice. Must be 21 years or older, have driver’s license, car insurance. Background check required.
Requirements to volunteer with Hannah’s House:
- Application/Background check.
Hannah’s House PO Box 14013 Lansing, MI 48901